It’s an unprecedented time in our lives right now. I mean, who (other than medical and public health experts) could have predicted a global pandemic that is crippling economies as we sit by, helpless?
I heard of so many people I know losing their jobs or their loved ones losing their jobs that I wanted to do something that could help them learn new skills and get their application packets ready to start applying for positions.
My free course, Canva Design Series: Personal Branding, teaches students how to use the free version of Canva.com to create their own personal brand. We’ll touch on a bit of branding basics including color and typography usage before getting into using Canva (mastering a new skill!).
In less than a couple of hours, students will walk away with:
- An understanding of how to use Canva for various design projects (add graphic design to their skills section on their resumes!)
- An understanding of why branding is important
- Their own personal brand
- Custom-designed letterhead that can be used for digital and printed cover letters
- An updated resume
- Branded business cards
Did I mention that it’s free?
So, why am I doing this? A few simple reasons:
- I want to help
- I know the ins and outs of branding (I’m a brand strategy director)
- I’m a former assistant professor and course designer, so I can whip together meaningful and valuable classes quite quickly
- I’ve been there, having lost my job during a tough economy
Who would benefit from this course?
- Anyone interested in learning branding basics
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Canva.com
- Current and potential job seekers
- Professionals looking to streamline and clean up their personal brand
- Small business owners or entrepreneurs in need of a brand (or rebrand)
Again, it’s free. You DO NOT need to pay for Canva.com basic usage.
If you already have a Canva account and would like to try the Pro version (more templates, free photos, upgraded fonts, custom brand style guide, etc.), please use this link. I will receive a small commission, at no cost to you, which will help fund my Thinkific online school (which is the course management system I’m using to host my free courses).
Please share this with anyone who could use a helping hand getting their personal brand in shape quickly and leave me a comment below if you have suggestions for future free courses.