Introduced last year during the pandemic, my free courses have helped hundreds of communicators level-up their skills on their own time, at their own pace. Choose from three different courses:
- Personal Branding With Canva
- Branding Your Blog With Canva
- How to Score Major Media Coverage
Personal Branding With Canva
In Personal Branding With Canva, we’ll touch on a bit of branding basics including color and typography usage before getting into actually using Canva to design your pieces.
In less than a couple of hours, students will walk away with:
- An understanding of how to use Canva for various design projects (add graphic design to their skills section on their resumes!)
- An understanding of why branding is important
- Their own personal brand
- Custom-designed letterhead that can be used for digital and printed cover letters
- An updated resume
- Branded business cards
Did I mention that it’s free?
Who would benefit from this course?
- Anyone interested in learning branding basics
- Anyone interested in learning how to use Canva.com
- Current and potential job seekers
- Professionals looking to streamline and clean up their personal brand
- Small business owners or entrepreneurs in need of a brand (or rebrand)
Again, it’s free. You DO NOT need to pay for Canva.com basic usage.
Branding Your Blog With Canva
In this free course, you’ll learn how to brand your blog by using the free version of Canva. You’ll walk away with a logo, brand guidelines, customized letterhead, business cards, a media kit, branded Pinterest pins and more! This is perfect for those new to blogging as well as seasoned bloggers who really want to have clean and crisp branding across the board. Interested? REGISTER HERE for free!
How To Score Major Media Coverage
In this short, free course, you’ll learn the same tips and tricks I used to score major media coverage in publications such as Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., CNN Money, USA Today and Parents Magazine and even on “Good Morning America.” Public relations is my baby, going back to 2000 (!) when I started my master’s degree in Strategic Public Relations at the University of Southern California. But, admittedly, it’s getting harder and harder to get coverage, so I’m sharing a few of my insider tips with you. PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE NOW!
Why Am I Doing This?
A few simple reasons:
- I want to help
- I know the ins and outs of branding and PR (I own an agency specializing in both: Holdsworth Communications)
- I’m a former assistant professor and course designer, so I can whip together meaningful and valuable classes
If you already have a Canva account and would like to try the Pro version (more templates, free photos, upgraded fonts, custom brand style guide, etc.), please use this link. I will receive a small commission, at no cost to you, which will help fund my Thinkific online school (the course management system I’m using to host my free courses).
Please share this with anyone who could use a helping hand getting their personal brand in shape quickly or who would like some insider PR tips.